Dear Everest Customer,
We hope that your new year is off to a great start! With many upcoming payroll deadlines and tasks, we have compiled this quick list to help you prepare for your 2014 payroll.
Important Dates and Tasks to Remember:
- Form W-2 Copies B, C, & 2 – The employee copies of Form W-2 must be distributed to your employees by 2/2/15.
- Form 1099-MISC Copies B & 2 – The contractor copies of Form 1099-MISC must be distributed to your contractors by 2/2/15.
- State forms – Remember to check for any state annual or quarterly forms that need to be filed. Note that some states require tax payments and/or forms to be submitted 5 business days before the due date for electronic filing.
- Form 940 – The federal unemployment tax (FUTA) form and payment are due 2/2/15. If you are e-filing, both the tax payment and the form must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. PT on 1/29/15.
- Form 941* – This quarterly form is due 2/2/15 for 4th quarter 2014. If you are e-filing, your forms need to be submitted by 5:00 p.m. PT on 1/29/15.
* Please note the format of IRS Tax Form 941 has changed for 2014. These changes will require an update to Everest for you to correctly print the form using Everest US Payroll. Everest Support will be providing a patch to update Form 941 for all customers on all versions 6.27.2 and later. An announcement will be posted to the support portal once the patch is ready for download. If you are interested in receiving the patch, please open a support ticket at https://support.versata.com/
For any customers on earlier versions of Everest, you will need to upgrade to the latest version of Everest to receive the Form 941 update. If you prefer not to upgrade at this time, our Professional Services Team is available to assist with completing the Forms for you. We will also be providing instructions on how to locate the data for you to manually update the Forms. If you are interested in assistance from our Professional Services Team, please submit a ticket at https://support.versata.com/.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for more information. As always, we appreciate your business and we wish you a successful 2015.
Everest Software, Inc.