When a user tries repeatedly to get in with a wrong password, the user becomes locked out and changing the user's password does not help.
1. Go to File | Setup | Preference | Flow Control | Unlock User
2. Select the locked user in question
3. The "New Password" can be used to reset the selected user's password and unlock the user account
If this solution does not work because you are not able of seeing the Unlock users option you need to follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a supervisor account (required to perform the Unlock Users operation described before)
- Perform a “Restore factory settings” to be able of unlocking users again as shown in the image below.
Password preferences can be customized from File | Setup | Preference | Flow Control | Passwords
Everest 6.X, 7.3.X