This article covers viewing the Total Details group options within the Resource Analyzer.
The "Total Details" group in the top ribbon of the Resource Analyzer displays the option to select grid totals in order to easily determine from where the total values are originating. The Total Details options in the top grid change based on whether you launch Resource Analyzer from Project Center versus from the Resource Pool. From the Project Center, you’re looking at project Committed Work, Scheduled Work, and Timesheet Actuals. The non-project hours are not included in the top grid, as the “project-centric” (project data) view is displayed. If the Resource Analyzer is launched from the Resource Pool, non-project hours (i.e. Personal Time Off) are included in the top grid.
Whatever is selected in the Total Details section of the top grid will be the value of the "Totals" column in the bottom grid.
1. View the Totals Details Group (Launched from the Project Center)
View the options in the Total Details group. This view is displayed when launching the Resource Analyzer from the Project Center.
- Committed Work: Displays the committed hours for the selected projects with Resource Plans.
- Scheduled Work: Displays the scheduled work that from the work list(s). Typically this is only Task Center, but may include other work lists' hours if configured that way by your Administrator.
- Timesheet Actuals: Displays the approved hours entered in the Timesheets for the selected projects.
2. View the Resource Analyzer when Launched from the Resource Pool
- Click the Resources link on the Navigation Menu.
3. Select Resources by Department View
- Click the View box.
- Select the Resources by Department view.
4. Select the Department
- Check the box to the far left of the department name you wish to view on the Resource Analyzer.
5. Launch the Resource Analyzer
- Click the Tools menu.
- Select the Resource Analyzer.
5.1. Click Display
- Click Display.
6. View the Total Details Group
Above the Show Committed Work option is selected by default. This may appear differently in your site.
- Committed Work: Displays the resource plan hours committed to all projects for the selected Resources.
- Scheduled Work: Displays the scheduled work that from the work list(s) for all projects for the selected resources. Typically this is only Task Center, but may include other work lists' hours if configured that way by your Administrator.
- Timesheet Actuals: Displays the hours entered in the Timesheets for all projects for the selected resources.
- Personal Time Off: Displays the data pulled in from entered in the "Time Off" list.
7. With Negotiations Enabled View Selected Displayed Details and Open Requirements Option
- View the selected displayed (Show Scheduled Work) details.
- View the Show Open Requirements button.
Note: Proposed Work displays resource plan rows still in negotiations, those that have not yet become commitments. Open Requirements = with Resource Negotiations enabled, when a Resource Manager makes a proposed change to a hours entered into a Resource Plan for a particular role/named resource, the hour difference will show in the Open Commitment. The hours that are not filled would be reflected.