Creating a Capacity Scenario makes it possible to visually display a "What If " scenario. A Capacity Scenario helps visually show the answers to questions like, "What will happen if there is a reorganization?" Or "What will happen if we hire additional resources?" A Capacity Scenario can be created in the Resource Analyzer. By creating a Capacity Scenario, it is possible to see what happens if the Capacity Scenario is used against the current resource plan. This article covers creating and applying a Capacity Scenario.
1. Click Capacity Scenarios
- Click the Capacity Scenario button on the ribbon.
2. Click New
- Click the New button.
3. Enter the Desired Name
- Enter the name of the new Capacity Scenario.
- Select the appropriate option from the Department menu (All Departments or a specific department).
4. Click OK
- Click OK.
5. Select the Display Mode
- Select the display mode.
Note: FTEs = Full-time equivalents.
6. Enter the Values
- Select the row.
- Click the Allocate Values button.
- Enter the amount.
- Select the start and end date.
- Click Apply. Repeat for the additional roles.
Note: It is possible to manually enter the desired values in each grid.
7. Click Close
- When ready, click the Close button.
8. View the Capacity Scenario
- View the Capacity Scenario.
9. Click Save
- Click the Save button.
9.1. Click OK
- Click the OK button.
10. Click the Close Button
- Click the Close button to exit the Capacity Scenario window.
11. View the Created Capacity Scenario
- View the newly created Capacity Scenario in the Capacity Scenario box. Now a new heat map based off the New Hires 2014 Capacity Scenario can be used.
- Click OK.
Note: Ten capacity scenarios can be created and saved.
12. Click the Total Column Button
- View the current Heat Map based off the current availability.
- Click the Total Column button.
13. Select the Created Capacity Scenario
- Click the Totals by Roles button.
- View the New Hires 2014 within the available columns box.
- Select the New Hires 2014 Capacity Scenario from the Totals Column Configuration drop down menu.
14. Click OK
Click the OK button.
15. View the Capacity Scenario
- View the Capacity Scenario overlay on the bottom grid.
- Notice the Comparison Data reflects the New Hires 2014 in the ribbon.