This lesson covers assigning tasks to resources using the Assign Resources dialog box in Microsoft Project.
1. Click Assign Resources
- To access the Assign Resources Box, click the Resource tab on the ribbon menu.
- Click Assign Resources.
2. Assign Resources to Tasks
- Select (highlight) the task that you wish to assign a resource.
- Select the resource name.
- Click the Assign button. Repeat the steps above until all tasks are assigned.
3. Close the Assign Resources Dialog Box
- When resource assignments are complete, click Close.
4. View the Resource Assignments
- View the resource assignments. In the Gantt Chart, you will see the assigned resources. If the % of units assigned is greater than or less than 100% then the value will be displayed to the right of the resource's name (e.g. Marianne Uribe [50%]).