Fragments are similar to small templates that can be created, saved, and managed within the Project Planner. Fragments can be used to help you quickly create a full project schedule. This article covers creating and saving a project fragment inside the Project Planner.
1. Edit the Plan
- Select the project name in the Project Center.
- Click Edit Plan on the ellipsis menu.
2. Click the Project Planner
- Click the Project Planner option.
3. Build a Fragment
- Build the desired fragment. Add summary tasks, detailed tasks, milestones, durations, and resources to the fragment. Link items and check timesheet boxes, if applicable.
4. Save Fragment
- Click the Project tab.
- Click the Fragments drop down.
- Click Save Fragment.
5. Save Fragment
- Enter title of the fragment.
- Add a detailed description.
- Click Save.
6. Save & Publish, or Close
- Save & Publish, or Close the Planner. If you Save and Publish the fragment information will be published throughout EPM Live. If you click Close without saving, the fragment will still be saved and available to be inserted into any Project Planner schedule.