A shared document library is included by default in an EPM Live site. If a document is a collaborative effort related to a project, then saving it to the Documents library might be the place to upload your document as the document can be associated to a project and thus only those on the team will be able to access the document. However, at times you may be working on documents that aren’t related to an ongoing project, but that you still want to share. In this case, the Shared Documents Library might be the preferred place to store this document. This article provides a brief overview of Shared Documents Library under the My Workplace heading.
1. Click the Shared Documents Link
- Click the My Workplace icon on the Icon Bar.
- Click the Shared Documents link on the Navigation Menu.
2. Add a Document
- Click New Document link.
2.1. Select Document
- Select the desired document to be shared with your organization.
- Click Open.
2.2. Click OK
- Click OK.
3. View the Shared Document List
- View the Shared Document list.
3.1. Check Out and or Edit the Shared Document
- Click the ellipsis menu to the right of the desired shared document.
- Click the Edit option to edit the document.
- Click the ellipsis menu to check out the document or view additional information.
4. View the Properties
- Click the View Properties option.
4.1. View the Shared Documents Properties
- View the Shared Documents Properties.