The EPM Live custom Macro is used to provide the option of copying Timesheet hours from a standard Number field in Microsoft Project into the Actual Work field in Microsoft Project. This functionality provides project managers with the flexibility to manage whether or not they want the Timesheet hours to populate Actual Work, or if the Timesheet hours should remain within the Number field (within Microsoft Project).
- Client uses EPM Live (5.x.).
- Client uses Microsoft Project 2010 or Project 2013; Standard or Professional.
- Client DOES NOT connect to or use Project Server.
Note: The below instructions are based upon the assumption that the site collection Timesheet Hours are mapped to field "Number15" in Microsoft Project.
1. Step 1: Open Microsoft Project to copy the modules into the Global.MPT
- Click the Start button.
- Click Microsoft Project.
2. Click the URL
Open your .mpp file.
Note: To access this file, you must have a valid EPM Live login account. If you don' thave an EPM Live login account, contact support. When prompted, you will enter your username (epm\xxxxxx) and the associated password. *This .mpp contains the custom Macro needed for copying the Timesheet hours into your .mpp.
2.1. Enter Username and Password
- Enter your username and password.
- Click OK.
Note: For on-premise customers, this step is not required.
2.2. Click Open
- After the download is complete, click the Open button.
Note: If prompted with a Microsoft Security warning, select Enable Macros.
2.3. Click Organizer
- Click the File tab.
- Go to Info.
- Click the Organizer button.
2.4. Go to the Modules tab
- Click the Modules tab.
- On the right-hand side of the view, select ModCopyTSHours and modMenu.
- Click the Copybutton. This will move the items to the Global.MPT section on the left.
- Click the Closebutton (AFTER you have copied the items to the 'Global.MPT' section on the left).
3. Step 2 Add the WE Timesheets Tab to the Microsoft Project Ribbon
- From within Microsoft Project, simultaneously click the ALT and F11keys to launch the Visual Basic application.
3.1. Expand Folder
- Click to expand ProjectGlobal (Global.MPT) folder.
3.2. Double-click on ThisProject(Global.MPT)
- Double-click on ThisProject(Global.MPT)
3.3. Copy and Paste
- Copy and paste the following text into the blank area in the right side of the screen (Caution: Make certain that extra lines or spaces aren't inserted during the copy and paste method):
Private Sub Project_Activate(ByVal pj As Project)
' ***Create Ribbon Tab
3.4. Click Save and exit Microsoft Project
- Click Save and exit Microsoft Project.
4. Launch Microsoft Project
- Launch Microsoft Project and you will find the WorkEngine Timesheet (WE Timesheet) tab on the ribbon.
5. Step 3 How to Copy the EPM Live (WorkEngine) Timesheets Hours into Your Microsoft Project Schedule
- Launch your Microsoft Project schedule (.mpp file).
- From the ribbon toolbar, click the WE Timesheet tab.
- Click the WE Timesheet option (as shown). This will copy the hours from the EPM Live (WorkEngine) Timesheet Hours field to the Actual Work column in your .mpp.
Note: Additional Information: Below are the steps to update the EPM Live custom Macro to reflect the Microsoft Project field that you use to map to your Timesheet Hours to. These procedures are only necessary if you are using a field other than Number15.
5.1. If you are using a field other than Number15
- Launch Microsoft Project.
- Open Visual Basic Editor (simultaneously click the Alt and F11 keys)
- Select ProjectGlobal(GlobalMPT) -> Modules -> and double-click modcopyTSHours.
5.2. Replace the Number15
- As shown in the screen shot above, replace the Number15 reference with the field number that you are using.
5.3. Save and Close
- Click Save and then Close.