When creating a list item in EPM Live, an item can be attached. An attachment is a file that you attach to an item. An attachment is just that- it is attached to a list item. When attachment are enabled in a list, then whoever has access to view the list item, can then view the attachment.
The icon for an attachment is a paper clip, and that’s just what is done when using it: paper-clipping another document to an item you’ve got in a list. Whereas, uploading just means moving a file from the computer you are working on up to the web. Once a list item has been added in EPM Live, items can be attached to the list item and easily viewed. This article covers attaching a document to a Change item in the Changes List.
1. Navigate to the Changes List
- Click the Navigation button on the Icon Bar.
- Select the Changes link on the Navigation Menu.
2. View the Item
- Select the desired Change item and from the ellipsis menu, click the Edit Item option.
3. Click Attach File
- Click the Attach File button.
4. Click Browse to Locate the File
- Click the Browse button.
5. Click Open
- Select the file to be attached.
- Click Open.
6. Click OK
- Click OK.
7. Click Save
- View the attachment.
- Click Save.
Note: When Build Team and Build Team Security are both enabled, only those resources who have been added to the item groups will have access to view and/or edit that item.