At the departmental level in a site collection, end users have the ability to manage work and projects. With "Contribute2" access, they can also create a workspaces below the departmental level site (another subsite). A Workspace is a separate site within your site collection. A workspace may be connected to a project or it may a separate site for general team collaboration. Workspace is a general term for any site in your site collection. It is possible to create two different types of workspaces in EPM Live. Once they create a workspace they have full control (Owner access) of the workspace and can add apps, change the look and feel, and more. This lessons covers creating a separate (isolated) workspace from a department level site.
1. Navigate to the Department Level
- Click the Workspace Icon on the Icon Bar.
- Navigate to the department level site where the workspace will be created.
2. Create Workspace
Click the New Workspace button on the Navigation Menu.
2.1. Add Information
- Add the title.
- Add a description of the workspace.
- Select the desired permission option.
- Select the template.
- Click Create Workspace.
3. Wait for Workspace Completion Notification
- View the workspace notification.
- Click the link to view the workspace message.
3.1. Navigate to Workspace
Click the link to navigate to the workspace.
3.2. View the New Workspace
- View the newly created subsite and title.
- Click the ellipsis to edit the team.
4. Build Subsite Team
- Click the ellipsis menu of the subsite.
- Select Edit Team.
4.1. Build Team
- Check the boxes to the left of the resource name(s) to be added to the workspace team.
- Click Add.
- Click Save & Close.