The Projects Portfolios list is a central list of Portfolio names used for grouping and organizing projects within your site app. A Portfolio Item can have multiple projects associated to it. This is an optional feature and is not required. A Portfolio contains a set of projects that may not all be related, but that are all associated to a strategic initiative or goal of the company. The benefit of using this app is that it’s a way to “tag” projects with this metadata classification to be able to view the project-related data and health at a higher level, such as by Portfolio. This article covers navigating, adding, and editing a Project Portfolio Item in the Portfolios List.
1. Click the Portfolios Link
- Click the Portfolios link on the Navigation Menu.
2. View the Portfolios List
- View the Project Portfolios list.
3. Click the Create a New Item Button
- Click the New Item button.
4. Enter a Title
- Enter the title of the Portfolio name in the field provided.
- Add additional desired information.
Note: Any field indicated with a red asterisk must be completed prior to saving.
- Complete additional fields.
- Click Save.
6. View New Portfolio Item View Form (Control Page)
- View the new Portfolio Item View Form (Control Page).
Note: Depending on how your site has been configured, your view form may appear differently.
7. Click Close
- Click Close.
8. View New Portfolio Item
- View the newly added Project Portfolio Item in the Portfolios list.
9. Edit the Item
- Double click under the desired column to make a change in any of the respective field(s). Click away to see the change made.
10. View the Change
- View the saved change made.