This lesson covers adding a named resource to create a plan commitment within the Resource Planner.
1. Select the Named Resource
- Select the named resource from the resource list in the bottom half of the split screen.
- Click the name of the project in the top half of the split screen.
2. Click Add
- Click Add.
- View the added named resource in the resource plan. Notice the icon to the left indicating that the resource is private.
- Click Save. Upon saving, the option to make this resource public is given.
4. Select the Appropriate Option
- Select the appropriate option. "Yes" will make this resource viewable in the Resource Analyzer.
Note: The saved public resources will be added to the team (Build Team), however no permissions will be assigned. The Project Manager will still need to go into Build Team and update the permissions column for the resources on the team.
5. View the Saved Resource Plan
- View the saved resource plan.