It is possible to view and analyze resources working on multiple projects from multiple departments in Resource Analyzer. This article covers launching the Resource Analyzer from the Project Center.
1. Click the Projects Link
- Click the Projects link located on the Navigation Menu.
2. Check the Project Boxes
- Check the boxes to the left of the project names. These projects will be reflected in the top grid inside the Resource Analyzer and the resource names involved on those projects will be reflected in the bottom grid of the Resource Analyzer.
- Click the Resource Analyzer button located on the ribbon under the Items tab.
3. Select the Analyzer Period
- Click in the Calendar box and select from the listed options.
- Click Display.
4. View the Resource Analyzer
The Resource Analyzer is displayed.
- Launching the Resource Analyzer from the Project Center displays the resources working on the projects selected.
- The Total Details options in the top grid change based on whether you launch Resource Analyzer from Project Center vs. from the Resource Center. From Project Center, you’re looking at project commitments, scheduled work, and actuals. The non-project hours are not included in the top grid, as the “project-centric” (project data) view is displayed.
- The totals in the bottom grid always counts the “true” availability, meaning it accounts for time off.
Note: Capacity Scenarios is not available when launching the Resource Analyzer from the Project Center.