Think of the Respect Links as a feature that provides the option of creating a project schedule with manually scheduled tasks or creating a schedule with automatically scheduled tasks (being constrained by both its Start and Finish dates). If you want a manually scheduled task schedule you must disable the “Respect Links” icon in the Project Planner. With Respect links enabled, the user can make changes and the schedule will respect the links and reflect this in the Gantt. With Respect Links disabled, the user can make changes (i.e, duration), but the predecessors will not be affected.
Articles in this section
- EPM Live 2016 - User Guide (PDF)
- EPM Live 2016 - User Guide Table of Contents
- How to Create a KanBan Planner for an Existing Project
- How are Resource Negotiations used?
- How can I display the Cost Planner values in the Project Center?
- How can I keep the Navigation Menu displayed?
- How can I make quick edits in a list?
- How can I reply to a comment in the Social Stream?
- How can I turn off the Gantt Chart in the Modeler?
- How can I verify which Cost Analyzer I have installed?