The Discussion Board is used to post questions that lead to discussions that are shared between you and your team members. All discussions added to the Discussion Board are visible by all members of the site and can promoted to featured discussions. The user can select those discussions that are particularly useful, relevant, or important to their team and promote them to “featured” status. Once marked as featured, a discussion is included in the Featured Discussions view, which filters out all other discussions except those that are featured. Featured discussions link is displayed at the top of the Discussion Board page. This article covers adding, replying, and editing, and marking a discussion as a featured discussion in the Discussion Board in the My Workplace Community.
1. Click the Discussions Link
- Click the My Workplace icon on the Icon Bar.
- Click the Discussions link on the Navigation Menu.
2. Add a New Discussion
- Click New Discussion link.
2.1. Complete the Fields
- Enter a title.
- Complete any additional fields.
- Check the box if you want to ask a question and want to get answers from other members.
- Click Save.
2.2. View the Discussion Board
- View the Discussion Board.
3. Reply to a Discussion
- Click the title of the discussion to reply.
- Enter a response.
- Click Reply.
4. Edit the Discussion
- To edit the discussion, click the Edit option.
4.1. Edit the Discussion
- Make any additions or changes.
4.2. View the Changes (Edits)
- View the edits made.
5. Mark a Discussion as a Featured
- The user can select those discussions that are particularly useful, relevant, or important and promote them to “featured” status. Once marked as featured, a discussion is included in the Featured Discussions view, which filters out all other discussions except those that are featured. To mark a discussion as a featured Discussion, click the ellipsis menu.
- Select the Mark as a Featured option.
5.1. Apply to Feature Filter
- Click the ellipsis menu.
- Select the Featured option.
5.2. View the Featured Discussions
- View the discussions marked as featured discussions.
Note: Featured discussion link is displayed at the top of the page.