Work logs make it possible to enter timesheet hours directly from a list item, without having to navigate to the timesheet itself. Work logs can be used on any list item. For the Work logs to be available, timesheets must be enabled and the Work Log column must be added by the site collection administrator. This article covers using a Work Log to enter timesheet hours for an issue.
Click the Issues Link
- Click the Navigation icon.
- Click Issues on the Navigation Menu.
Click Edit Item
- Click the ellipsis menu (...) to the right of the issue to be edited.
- Click Edit Item.
Click the Enter Hours Link
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Work Log Enter Hours link.
Note: The item must be checked as a timesheet item.
Enter the Hours
- Enter the hours worked on the item in the Work field.
- Click Save & Close.
- Click Save.
Navigate to the My Workplace Community
- Click the My Workplace icon on the Icon Bar.
- Click the My Timesheet link.
Verify the Hours
- Verify that the item has been added and the hours have been entered into the timesheet.