Building reports with EPM Live Analytics is easy. EPM Live Analytics is designed for the standard business user, with Advanced options available for those with greater access and skill. Users have the option to design reports, make modifications to current reports, and create dashboards. The data that your application developer has included in the database can be accessible by you when creating ad hoc reports.
This article lists the ways to begin creating a report in EPM Live Analytics.
The Reports button lists all the different report categories added to your site. Using the Category links allows a user to quickly view the reports by specific categories and navigate to recently viewed reports.
Note: New categories can be added when saving reports.
The Dashboards button allows the user to quickly and easily build dashboards. It is best practice to create a dashboard when more than two charts are needed to be displayed in a report. Up to eleven charts or fields graphs can be added to a dashboard.
3. New Options
The New button displays 3 options:
- Report- This option is used to start building a report from the Data Sources tab.
- Instant Report - This option is used when creating a report with the ability to drag and drop is desired.
- Dashboard - The Dashboards option allows the user to quickly and easily build dashboards.
3.1. Reports Page
The Report option, from the New drop down menu, several tabs can be seen. They include:
- The Data Sources tab shows you which Tables or Views you have access to from the database. The Advanced button located at the bottom of the page will allow the user to select the relationships that exist between the tables.
- The Fields tab is where the actual report is built. This tab allows you to define which fields from your Data Source that will be included in your report and any grouping, sorting, and totaling that needs to be performed.
- The Summary tab is where a table can be created that summarizes the chosen fields using different functions (Average, Count, Maximum, etc) and the different types of formatting can be selected.
- The Chart tabs, is where charts (Trend, Pie, Plot, Bar, Funnel) can be created using the data in the table/view selected on the Data Sources tab. Multiple charts of summary information can be displayed in a Dashboard.
- The Gauge tab allows the user to create different types of gauges (radila, half circles, linear).
- The Maps tab provides the ability to include a geographical visualization of the selected data.
- The Miscellaneous (Misc) tab allows the user to add a title, description, header, and footer to the report. It is here where the sharing and permissions of the report are set.
- The Style tab is where you can customize the look and feel of your report. This is where the user can change the color of the border, header, and rows.
- The Filters tab is where the fields of the table/view chosen in the Data Sources tab can be filtered so that only desired entries appear in the table (ex: Active Projects).
3.2. Instant Report Page
The Instant Report page allows the user to quickly create a report with the ability to drag and drop is desired.
3.3. Dashboard Page
The Dashboard page allows the user to quickly and easily build dashboards.