This article covers the features included in the Software Development App.
Note: The use case for this app is that it can be used alone and is not built specifically for one methodology or another.
View the Software Development Features Page
View the Software Development Features page. The EPM Live Software Development App allows you to easily manage your software development projects using agile iterative planning to effectively keep track of backlog tasks, user stories, and defects. You can build your own project iterations (Sprints), as well as assess which backlog items are ready for planning. Then, the EPM Live Agile Planner can be used to assign team members backlog tasks, user stories, and defects. Backlog item status can be easily assessed via the whiteboard-type view. The included features app can be utilized to help monitor your software projects at a more granular level. Valuable reporting information can also be analyzed, such as the number of backlog items or time sheet hours per feature. These reports can be used to quickly see where the most money is being spent, and which features have the greatest number of issues. The included test case app allows for organized storage of all test cases in a central location for quick reference when testing. The Software Development App will allow you to manage software development projects within the same system that is used to manage other projects.
- Software - Use the software app to see a portfolio type view of all of your software projects grouped together.
- Project Backlog - Maintain a backlog list to effectively smooth out the product development process.
- Features - Track and report on your backlog by the feature they are associated to.
- Test Cases - Store all of your test cases in one central location for quick reference.
- Excel Burn-down/up Reports- Track how much work remains in the backlog and predict when your team will achieve the goals of the sprint.
- SSRS Burn-down Report - Track how much work remains in the backlog and predict when your team will achieve the goals of the sprint. Easily export the report for presentations.
- SSRS Velocity Report - View the amount of points stacked by status, grouped by iteration. Use this data to see if the team is becoming more efficient, or having problems completing the scheduled work.
- Included Planner
- Backlog Planner- Manage completion of backlog items using schedule and resource allocations in the new Project Agile Planner.
View a Software Development Quick Launch Bar
- View the Software Development Navigation Menu.
View the Features List
- View the Features List. Features (also called Epics or Epic Stories) are usually considered to be high level requirements for the product that can span Iterations, and may be composed of several User Stores. Within EPM Live Features can be categorized as either a Feature, Epic, or Requirement. EPM Live is flexible enough so that Features can be entered at any time, and the use of Features is optional.
View the Backlog List
- View the Backlog List. Backlog items in EPM Live consist of user stories or defects. These backlogitems are the work items that will be completed during an iteration. During Iteration Planning, the backlogitems can be decomposed into one or more tasks. EPM Live supports both Points and Work Hours for estimating the size and level of effort of each backlog item.
View the Test Cases List
- View the Test Cases List. EPM Live enables you to define Test Casesand to identify them for execution against specific user stories and iterations. You can track the results of performing the Test Cases on the specific iterations and for specific user stories.
View the Project Agile Planner
- View the Project Agile Planner. The Project Agile Planner is used for Iteration Planning, that is, to move user stories and defects from the Backlog List into a specific iteration. It is in the Project Agile Planner that the user stories and defects can be decomposed into specific tasks which can be assigned to team members and estimated in terms points or of work (e.g. hours). Backlog items can be added and resources assigned inside the Project Agile Planner. The schedule facilitator can make quick updates, additions, and assign items during the daily meetings while in the Project Agile Planner.
View the Burn-down and Burn-up Charts
- View the Burn-down and Burn-up charts above. Teams typically using either a burn-down or burn-up chart to track their progress. These charts compare the planned work vs. the actual work (in either “Hours” or “Points”) or each Sprint/Iteration, and for an entire Agile Project.