An iteration is a time period (usually 2 to 4 weeks) in which team members develop and deliver a set of functionalities (user stories). This lesson covers creating an iteration in the Project Agile Planner and entering the start and finish dates.
1. Launch the Project Agile Planner
- Starting in the Projects List, check the box to the left of the project name.
- Click the Edit Plan button.
2. Click the Project Agile Planner Box
- Click the Project Agile Planner box.
3. Click the Iteration Button
- Click the Iteration button under the Tasks tab.
4. Click in the New Iteration Box
- Click in the New Iteration box.
5. Enter a Title
- Enter a new title for the iteration and then tap your Enter key. View the entered iteration.
6. Drag Iteration Below Iteration 1
- Drag the second iteration to below the first iteration. Drop when you see the down pointing green arrow.
7. Enter a Start Date
- Click the Start drop down menu.
- Select a start date for the iteration.
8. View the Iteration Start Date
- View the iteration start date.
9. Enter a Finish Date
- Click the Finish drop down menu.
- Select a finish date for the iteration.
Note: An iteration is usually a 2 to 4 week period.
10. View the Finish Date
- View the finish date.
11. Enter the Points Capacity
- Enter the Points capacity in the grid to the right. Tap your Enter Key.
12. View the Available Points
- View the Available Points.