Running a software development business requires planning. Iterations (Sprints) are planned and once time on these has been tracked,it is easy to pull up historical data for planning out future iterations (Sprints) and projects. A business practicing agile development is accountable to its developers, managers, owners, and shareholders. Managers will want to know how much time certain features required so they can report back to the owners and shareholders. Or, if a feature needs to be added to your product, historical time tracking data will give you a good idea how long the development will take. This lesson covers marking a task as a timesheet item and saving a view.
Note: The lesson assumes the EPM Live's Timesheet App has been installed to your site. If using IE, it is recommended to add the EPM Live App Marketplace url to your trusted sites (internet options).
1. Click the Edit Plan Button
- Select the backlog item in the Backlog List.
- Click the Edit Plan button.
2. Click the Work Planning View
- Click the Views tab.
- From the Current View menu options, click the Work Planning view.
Note: The Work Planning view is used for tracking time using timesheets.
3. Click the Select Columns Button
- Click the Select Column button.
Note: By default, the Timesheet Column is not visible in the Project Agile Planner. You must add this to the view and then save the view.
4. Check the Timesheet Box
- Check the box to the right of Timesheet.
- Click OK.
5. Check the Timesheet Boxes
- Check the boxes in the Timesheet column.
6. Click the Save View Button
- Click the Save View button.
7. Enter the Name of the View
- Enter the name of the view.
- Click OK.
8. View the Title Displayed in the Current View Box
- View the new title displayed in the Current View box.
9. Click the Save Button
- Click Save.
10. Click the Publish Button
- Click Publish.