This article shows you how to create a new Community in your Site App. There are two ways to create a new Community:
- From the Manage Communities page
- While adding a new App from the EPM Live App Marketplace
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Site Collection Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to Power Users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
1. Method 1: Navigate to the Manage Communities Page
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Configuration heading, select Manage Communities.
1.1. My Communities Page
Click the Create Community button.
2. Method 2: While Adding a New App
After selecting the Get it Now button on an app in the App Marketplace, you will be prompted to select a community or add a new community. Click the Add Community link.
3. All Methods: Enter New Community Name
- Enter Community Name: The Community Name will display in the Communities drop down menu of your Site App.
- When finished, click the Add button.
4. New Community Created
The newly added community will now show on the Manage Communities page and on the Communities drop down menu. The Quick Launch for your new Community will have one Heading, which is Dashboard (the Home page). Please refer to the additional lessons specific to modifying your new Community for managing the details and Quick Launch for the new Community.