This article explains how to view the FTE (Full Time Equivalent) for each Cost Category Role. A Cost Category Role is a labor cost category.
Note: This article explains how to manage Role-level rates. If you want to configure more specified rates and associate named resources to those specified rates, also refer to the article titled, "How do I configure the named rates table?"
1. Navigate to Cost Categories
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Cost Management heading, select Cost Categories.
2. Open RATES
On the table of Cost Categories, all the Cost Category Roles show under the Labor heading. Note: Labor could be renamed to a different name, but the important thing to see is that the roles are showed individually.
- Select the desired Cost Category Role.
- Select FTES from the menu bar.
3. Complete Role Rates Form
- Enter the Base Rate for the Role. All calendar periods will calculate on that rate, unless you put
- Use the Add, Insert, and Delete buttons to manage additional rates, if the rates may change over time.
- If applicable, you may enter when the rate may change. Select the day prior to when the new rate will take effect as the Effective Date. Enter the new rate.
- When finished, click OK.
Note: You may enter multiple new effective dates as Role-level rates change. It is recommended that the new effective date be the last date of the previous calendar period. For example, if the new rate is effective as of Jan 1, 2017 of a monthly calendar, select 12/31/2016 as the effective date, as that is the last date of the previous period.
Note: You will need to complete these steps for EACH Cost Category Role.