This article will show you how to set up your Cost Types,with regards to the Totals Fields setting and Cost Type Security.
1. Select Cost Types
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Cost Management heading, select Cost Types.
2. Cost Type Security
By default, the Cost Types have open security, so that all Permission Groups who have access to the Cost Planner will have access to all Cost Types. If you want to limit the security on certain Cost Types to certain Permission Groups, you can limit the access on those particular Cost Types, while leaving the rest with the default access. The Permission Groups are the PortfolioEngine Permissions Groups.
- Select the desired Cost Type.
- Click the Security button.
3. Select Cost Type Security Groups
- Select which of the Groups should have Read and/or Edit access to the selected Cost Type.
- When finished, click OK.
Note: If you don't select any groups, all groups will have permissions for this cost type, as long as they have access to the Cost Planner. If you select any groups, then only that/those groups will have access to this particular cost type. The security groups that show here are the groups from the PortfolioEngine Permissions page.