This article explains how to import a pre-created Designer Form into EPM Live.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to Power Users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
Note: Silverlight must be installed in order to import and configure the Designer Forms. Silverlight is NOT needed for users to view/launch the forms.
1. Locate and Save the Designer Form Template
There are two main ways to access a Designer Form to import.
Note: Regardless of source, you would save the Designer Form template(s) locally to your computer. Be sure to remember where you save the file, as you will browse to the file when importing/uploading it into your site.
- You may want to download and save the form templates attached to this article (use Save Target As to save the XML file to your computer).
- Or, you may have exported the form from a different List App, and now you want to use it (import it) in a different List App.
2. Navigate to the List App
Navigate to the List App where you will use the imported form. For example, if you are importing a Project Form, navigate to the Project Center List App.
3. Select the Design Forms Icon
- Open the List Ribbon Tab.
- Select the Design Forms Button.
4. Select the Import Icon
If you haven't previously imported or created a form, the form will launch as a blank form.
To import the form, select the Import Icon in the Ribbon menu. Be sure to note which form page you are on (either New, Display, or Edit).
5. Browse to the Form File to Import
- Browse to the location of the Form file. Note: the form file extension is .xfds.
- Click the Open button.
6. Form Imported
The form imported as the Edit Form, because that is the page displayed when clicking the Import button.
If the form that is being imported has fields that do not exist in your List App, that field will be removed from the form.
7. Save Form
To save this form for the visible page only, click the Save button. Or, click the Save drop down if you want to save this form as the one or both of the other form pages. For example, if you are on the Edit Form page, that checkbox will be selected automatically. You can save the same settings to the Display Form as well.
8. Save Confirmation Message
When the form is saved, a confirmation message will appear in the top right corner of the form.
9. Navigate to Other Form Pages
Select Form drop down menu to navigate to a different Form page.