Regional Settings are used within EPM Live to set regional settings such as locale and time zone. If multiple sites are used in your overall EPM Live Site App, such as project workspaces and/or department level sites, note that the Regional Settings need to be configured for each site and workspace within the Site App.
The configuration options for this page align with SharePoint's standard Regional Settings options.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to Power Users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
1. Navigate to Regional Settings
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Look & Feel heading, select Regional Settings.
2. Select Time Zone
Time Zone: Specify the standard time zone. Time zones are based on their offset from Coordinated Universal Time, or UTC (Greenwich Mean Time).
3. Select Locale
Locale: Select the locale to specify the way the site displays numbers, dates, and time. For example: date format as MM/DD/YYYY vs. DD/MM/YYYY.
4. Select Sort Order
Sort Order: This setting controls the sort order for lists and libraries.
5. Select Calendar(s)
- Calendar: Specify the type of calendar to use as the primary calendar.
- Show Week Numbers: Check the Box to show week numbers in the Date Navigator (see examples below for both options).
- Alternate Calendar: Specify a secondary calendar if desired.
5.1. Week Numbers Shown
Calendar with the week numbers shown (box checked).
5.2. Week Numbers Not Shown
Calendar with the week numbers not shown (box unchecked).
6. Define Your Work Week
- Define your Work Week: Check the boxes for the days that comprise your work week. The EPM Live online planners (Project Planner, Assignment Planner, Agile Planner) look to these settings for scheduling work. Note: The resource scheduling tools look to the Resource Work Hours regarding which days a resource is available to work each week (as specified in the Resource Pool).
- Select the day of the week that is the first day of the week and the date that begins the first week of the year.
- Select the standard start time and end time for work items. This is applicable for fields with date and time values shown, rather than only date values. Note: The resource scheduling tools look to the Resource Work Hours regarding how many hours per day a resource is available to work each week (as specified in the Resource Pool).
7. Select Time Format
Time Format: Select either the 12 hour or 24 hour time format.
8. Click OK to Close
When finished, click OK.