In this article, you will learn how to add the EPM Live Filter Web Part to an existing List App view. The EPM Live Filter Web Part allows the end users to change the current view's filters without needing to navigate to different pre-configured views within a List App.
This web part is also useful when added to List App Dashboards, to filter the data shown on all connected web parts in the dashboard.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to Power Users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
1. Navigate to the List App
2. Edit Page
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Settings heading, select Edit Page.
3. Add Filter Web Part
- Click Add a Web Part in the section where you want the Filter Web Part. Usually, the Filter would go in the Header (or top) section.
- Select the EPM Live category.
- Select the Filter Web Part.
- Confirm or change the section, if needed.
- Click the Add button.
4. Edit the Filter Web Part
- Select the drop down arrow on the Filter Web Part.
- Select Edit Web Part.
4.1. Configure the Filter Web Part Settings
- List: Select the List App for your filter.
- Field: Select the Field from which to filter the data on your Dashboard.
- Allow multiple "Field" values to be selected. Check this option if you would like for users to be able to be able to select multiple values.
- Show Titles Drop down: Check this option if you would like for a list to show the titles of the items that are the filter results.
- Allow multiple "Title" values to be selected: Check this option to allow for multiple values from the Filter results to be selected.
- Default Value: Select one or multiple default values in the Filter selection.
- When finished, click the OK button. To apply changes and keep the Edit Web Part Settings open, click the Apply button.
5. Connect the Web Parts
Connect the Grid/Gantt Web Part to the Filter Web Part. This ensures that when the filter selection changes, the data in List App view will also adjust based on the Filter selection. You may connect from the Filter Web Part to others or you may connect from the other Web Parts to the Filter Web Part.
- Select the Web Part drop down menu.
- Select Connections.
- Select Get Report ID Consumer From.
- Select Filter.
After the web parts are connected, a check mark will show next to the Connections option and next to the name of the connected Web Part.
6. Finish Editing the Page
On the Page Ribbon Tab, select Stop Editing.