This article will show you how to use the DB Admin page. This page is for use in gaining visibility as well as troubleshooting data in the PortfolioEngine Database. All the data for the portfolio cost & resource planning tools is maintained in the PortfolioEngine Database.
Navigate to Portfolio DB Admin
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Utilities heading, select Portfolio DB Admin.
Select a Table to View
Since the PortfolioEngine Database is a back-end database, this Tables page gives you, the administrator, access to view any/all tables in the database. Select a table, then click Go, The PIs (Portfolio Items) and Resources Tables have been pulled into their own tabs, as they will be acceess most.
Example Table View
Portfolio Items View
The portfolio items (ex: projects or any other list mapped with PortfolioEngine) will show. If a portfolio item has been deleted from the List App (ex: Project Center), it will be "closed" on the PortfolioEngine database. You can see additional information about the various portfolio items, for reference and troubleshooting needs.
Make Changes as Needed
Select a Portfolio Item. Then, select from the following options, if needed.
- Close: Close a Portfolio Item. When an item, such as a project, is deleted in the Project Center, it is closed on the PIs list.
- Re-Open: Re-open a Portfolio Item. If a PI item is closed, whether as a result of a project being deleted or by manual clicking Close.
- Check-in: If an item is checked out, you may manually check it back in.
- Delete Item: If a portfolio item has been deleted from the List App (ex: Project Center), it will be "closed" on the PortfolioEngine database. To delete the Portfolio Item, click the Delete Item button.
- Refresh: Refresh the list.
Resources Table View
When a resource is deleted from the Resource Pool, that resource is closed on the Resources list. To fully delete the resource, select the resource and click Delete Item.
The Log shows the details of what's happening on the PortfolioEngine Database.