In this article you will learn how to configure the Work settings. The "Work" API and various "Work" List Apps work with the settings from this page. When the My Work Grid Web Part is added to a page, the Web Part settings allow for Global Configuration to be used. When global is selected, that My Work Web Part will look to this settings page for the configuration. Otherwise, the Web Part may have its own Work Settings set within the Web Part settings.
The Timesheets also use the settings from the Work Settings page, specifically the Enterprise Fields & Selected Fields sections.
1. Navigate to Work Settings
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Collaboration Settings heading, select Work Settings.
2. Work Settings Section - List Settings
Select which List Apps will be included in the My Work results. Any List App that is based off the EPM Live Work List definition, and has the Work List Feature enabled, will available for inclusion/exclusion.
Note: To add a List App here, you would enable the Work List Feature in that List App's General Settings. Then, the List App will be added automatically, in either this section or the section below.
3. Additional List Settings
- Add any additional lists to be included as a Work Lists, for use in My Work and for Timesheets 2.0. If a List App was not created using the EPM Live Work List definition, it will need to be entered manually here.
- After entering any modifications are made to the Lists, click the Refresh Fields link to refresh the fields in the next step below.
4. Field Settings
Select the fields that will be available to users to add/remove from the My Work & Timesheets views. The fields available are based on List Apps specified above.
Note: In order for the field to exist in My Work, it must also be added as an Enterprise Field in the setting below.
- To add a new field, select the desired field. Once selected, that field's Internal/Back-End name and where that field is in use will show.
- Click the Add button.
4.1. Field Added
Now that the field is selected, verify that the field has also been added to the Enterprise Fields section below.
5. Cross Site Settings
Define any cross site URLs to pull My Work items from other Site Collections.
Note: You would need to be sure that the other site collection(s) are configured so that the data and items can roll across (ex: field names, etc.)
6. Performance Settings
Performance Mode: Check the box to enable Performance Mode, which will result in a much faster grid loading experience. This setting must also be checked in order for the Work Settings to use the EPM Live Content Database (Reporting Database) as the Data Source, which is the recommended configuration.
7. Enterprise Fields/Columns
The Enterprise Fields shown here will be available in the My Work & Timesheets views. The field type needs to be consistent for their corresponding fields in the List Apps, so that the field is formatted correctly. For example, the Status Field is a choice field in Issues, Risks, and Task Center. The choice options can be different in each List App, but the field type is choice for each of those List Apps and also in the My Work Settings.
Note: Be sure to use the recommended naming convention for the internal field names. Otherwise, the data in the columns will not line up correctly in My Work.
This is also where the Timesheet Fields Setting is referencing for available fields. To have a field available in the Timesheet Settings page, in the section called "Timesheet Fields," be sure to add the desired field here.
7.1. Create New Enterprise Column
Add or edit any Enterprise Fields used in My Work. If additional fields are added in the Field Settings section, they will need to be added to the Enterprise Fields to ensure proper roll-up.
To create a new column, click the Create Column link.
7.2. Complete New Column Form
Fill out the details for the new Column. Then, click the OK button.
Note: Refer to the article on creating new column/field (click here) for additional information, if needed.
7.3. New Enterprise Column Added
The newly added Column will now show as an Enterprise Field.
8. My Work Grid Settings Section - Date Range Filter Settings
The Date Range Filters may be set by the site administrator, which determine the default Date Range Filters for all users. If a user makes any changes to the Date Range Filters in their My Work page, the filters will be updated specific for that user, and will be saved for that user for whenever they access the My Work page again.
- Past Due Items: Check the Box and enter the number of days past due that work items should show. If left unchecked, all past due items will show.
- Items Due in the Future: Check the Box and enter the number of days due in the future due that work items should show. If left unchecked, all items due in the future will show.
Note: Any items without a Due Date will always show.
9. New Item Icon Setting
Select the number of days an item is considered “new” in the My Work grid/ web part. A “new” icon will be displayed next to all items considered new based on this setting. This setting only applies to the My Work page, and any instance of the My Work Grid Web Part.
10. Click Save
When finished with the Work Settings, click Save.