Use the Portfolio Custom Fields for mapping to the Portfolio Tools. The Portfolio Tools are the Resource & Cost Planners, Resource & Cost Analyzers, Optimizer, and Cost Modeler.
The Portfolio Custom Fields are set up either as a Portfolio or Resource Field.
1. Navigate to Portfolio Fields
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Configuration heading, select Portfolio Fields. This will open the Custom Fields page.
2. Add a New Custom Field
Click Add to create a new Custom Lookup Field.
Note: If you create a new Custom Resource Field, then the field will be available for mapping in the Resource Field Mapping page. Be sure that the field also exists in the other List App to be mapped (ex: Resources List App). If it doesn't, also create the field in the Resources List App.
Note: If you create a new Custom Portfolio Field, then the field will be available for mapping in the PortfolioEngine Settings Page within the List App's List Settings. Be sure that the field also exists in the other List App to be mapped. If it doesn't, create the field in the List App.
3. Complete New Custom Field Form
- Entity: Select whether this is a Portfolio Field or a Resource Field.
- Field Name: Enter the Custom Field Name.
- Field Description: Enter the Custom Field Description.
- Field Type: Select the Custom Field Data Type.
- Calculation Formula: If applicable to the Custom Field, you may see the option to create a formula for the selected field.
- When finished, click the Save button.
4. Modify or Delete Existing Custom Field
- Select a Custom Field to highlight the row.
- Click Modify or Delete.
4.1. Confirm Deletion
Click the Delete buttonto confirm deletion of the Custom Field. To cancel without deleting, click the Cancel button.
5. Mapping Fields
Important Additional Steps:
- If you are creating a Custom Resource Field, you would need to navigate to the EPM Live Resource Pool List Settings (Resources List) to create the new field there as well. Then, you would map the fields. See the article for Resource Field Mapping.
- If you are creating a Custom Portfolio Field, you would need to navigate to the EPM Live List App that has the PortfolioEngine Settings enabled (ex: Project Center, etc.) and map the fields. See the article for List Settings PortfolioEngine Settings.