This article will show you how to configure the Cost Views. The Cost Views are used in the Cost Planner.
1. Cost Planner
Within each Cost View, you would set which Cost Types show and for which calendar periods. The different List Apps may use different Cost Views for the Cost Planning Tools.
2. Select Cost Views
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Cost Management heading, select Cost Views.
3. Add a New Cost View
Click the Add button.
4. Complete New Cost View Settings
- Name: Enter the Name for the Cost View.
- Description: Enter the Description for the Cost View.
- Choose a Fiscal Calendar: Select one of the available calendars.
- Choose a Start Period (Optional): This will limit users from being able enter cost data into the Periods prior to the selected Start Period. This setting allows you, as the administrator, to limit users from entering data into Calendar Periods that may no longer needed, and to keep the Cost Planner less cluttered with Periods. For example, if it's Jan 2014, you may not want users viewing and entering the Cost Plan data into Periods prior to June 2013. You can come back in to modify the Cost View Start Period as needed as time progresses. Choose a Finish Period (Optional): This will limit users from being able enter cost data into the Periods after to the selected Finish Period. This setting allows you, as the administrator, to create your Calendar Periods for a long period of time, but limit users from entering data into those periods, and to keep the Cost Planner less cluttered with Periods. For example, if it's Jan 2014, you may not want users viewing and entering the Cost Plan data into Periods past the next year. You can come back in to modify the Cost View Finish Period as needed as time progresses.
- Choose the Cost Types to display: Select the Cost Type you want to show in the Cost View.
- Select the right and left facing arrows to move Cost Types between the Available side and the Included side.
- Select up and dn (down) to arrange the order of the Cost Types. The order is rendered as tabs left to right in the Cost Planner.
- When finished, click OK.
5. Select an Existing Cost View to Modify
- Select a Cost View
- Click the Modify button.
6. Modify the Cost View Settings
View and modify any settings as needed. When finished, click OK. If no changes are made, click Cancel.
7. Delete a Cost View
- Select the Cost View you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button.
Note: You cannot delete a Cost View if it is in use by a List App. You would first need to select a different Cost View in the List App, and then come back to delete the Cost View, if needed. If you no longer want to use a Cost View for a specific List App, you don't have to delete it. Instead, you could change the Cost View in that List App's PortfolioEngine Settings section.