This article explains how security for the EPM Live Analytics reports is managed. The EPM Live Analytics reports do NOT have content-specific security. So, if a user has access to view a report, that user will see all applicable data in the report. For example, a report with project details will show all project data, whether or not the user launching the report has access to some projects, but not all.
1. Resource Pool Security Groups
In the Resource Pool, there are two security groups specific to the EPM Live Analytics reports: Report Writers and Report Viewers. When adding or modifying a resource in the Resource Pool, you may select if that user is a report writer and/or report viewer.
2. Navigate to the EPM Live Analytics Reports Page
- On the navigation menu, select Reports to open the Business Intelligence Center.
- Click EPM Live Analytics.
3. Open Report Designer
- If you are on the Reports landing page, hover over a report to show the Print and Edit icon buttons. Click the Edit icon. -- Or --
- If you are already viewing a report, click the Open in Designer icon.
4. Navigate to Misc Tab
Select the Misc tab.
5. Report Level Permissions
Within each EPM Live Analytics report, in the report designer, the report creator may choose the level of access to others. These are the options.
Note: You may select two levels to share each report.
- Report Writers: Resources who have the Reports Writers permission selected in the Resource Pool
- Report Viewers: Resources who have the Reports Viewers permission selected in the Resource Pool
- Everyone: Both Report Writers and Report Viewers
- Full Access: The report is available for users to view, modify, and save changes
- Read Only: The report is available for users to view, add or remove filters, and modify the existing filters' values. Users may also modify(design) the report but cannot overwrite the existing report. They may, however, save it as a new report.
- Locked: The report is available to users to view, and users can modify existing filters' values, but users cannot add or remove filters or fields, and they cannot save changes to the report. Users may also not change the column or operator of the filters.
- View Only: The report is available to the user to view, but not to modify in any way or save changes
- None: The report is unavailable to (hidden from) the users.
- ...: No rights are applied to this report
Important notes about the report permissions:
- Access privileges will only apply to the user or group selected in the Share With drop down menu. All other users will have an access level of None.
- Anyone in the Administrators group in the Resource Pool is automatically also in the Report Writers group.
- The owner will not change when a user other than the owner saves the report. Choosing "Save As" will create a new report and its owner will be the user that saved the report.
- The "Rights" drop down menu is hard-coded, therefore these values cannot be configured.