This article explains how to export a Designer Form. You may want to export a form from one List App in order to then import it into another List App. Or, you may want to export a designer form to keep a saved version locally before making significant changes to the form.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to Power Users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
Note: Silverlight must be installed in order to configure the Designer Forms. Silverlight is NOT needed for users to view/launch the forms.
1. Navigate to the List App
Navigate to the List App where you have the existing form to export. For example, if you are exporting a Project Form, navigate to the Project Center List App.
2. Select the Design Forms Icon
- Open the List Ribbon Tab.
- Select the Design Forms Button.
3. Select the Export Icon
- Open the form page you want to export.
- Select the Export Icon in the Ribbon menu.
4. Confirm File Download
Confirm downloading by clicking the OK button.
5. Save File
- Rename the file, if desired.
- When finished, click the Save button.