In this article, you will learn how to configure the various settings available in the General Settings section of each List App.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to Power Users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
1. Navigate to the List Settings
Navigate to the List App.
- On the View Toolbar, select the Settings Gear.
2. Open General Settings (EPM Live)
Under the General Settings heading, select General Settings (EPM Live).
3. Item Link Type
Item Link Type: The Item Link Type will determine how the “Title” field is displayed in the views of the list.
Note: This setting is mostly only applicable to use on a List App such as Project Center, or another List App that you would have planners and/or workspaces enabled.
- Use View Settings: This option will display the Title field as is specified in the View settings. For example, if the Project Name column is used in a view, no hyperlink will be displayed in the List App View. This option will also disable the right-click edit functionality. If the Project Name (linked to item) column is used instead, the title will render as a hyperlink in the List App View and when clicked, will link to the View Item page. Finally, if the Project Name (linked to item with edit menu) column is used, the title will render as a hyperlink in the List App View and when clicked, will link to the Edit Item page.
- Go To Workspace: This option will display the Title field as a hyperlink in the List App View and when clicked, will link to the associated Workspace site of the item that was clicked. This option is only applicable if additional site app instances are in use as item workspaces (ex: Project Workspaces).
- Planner: This option will display the Title field as a link to the Edit Plan button when clicked.
4. Additional Settings
- Show View Toolbar: This checkbox determines whether or not the View Menu Toolbar is visible.
- Use Pop-Up Editor: Use this feature to edit items in a pop-up instead of navigating away from the current page
- Use Parent: This setting is only applicable to older versions of EPM Live, where a workspace item was linked to the top level item, and it was the same item. When enabled this option will use the parent item when working with the ribbon and the context menus. This is applicable when a workspace item is in use, and that item's ribbon and context menus would look to the parent item, rather than the child item in the workspace. Note: This is not an applicable setting for customers with new sites in EPM Live 2013 or for upgrading customers who didn't use workspaces in previous versions.
5. Save and Close General Settings
When finished, click Save.