This article will show you how to configure the PortfolioEngine Settings for a List App. Portfolio planning can be done on different EPM Live List Apps, such as the Project Center, Project Portfolios, Products, IT Applications, etc. The following settings would be done separately for each List App for which you will do the Portfolio Planning. The PortfolioEngine Settings align with the EPM Live Portfolio Tools for Resource and Cost Planning.
Note: This Settings page is available whether or not the Cost Planning and Resource Planning Apps have been installed. However, the Portfolio Tools themselves would not be available for use unless those Apps have been installed, and the correct level of licensing has been purchased.
1. Navigate to the List Settings
Navigate to the List App.
- On the View Toolbar, select the Settings Gear.
2. Open PortfolioEngine Settings (EPM Live)
Under the General Settings heading, select PortfolioEngine Settings (EPM Live).
3. Enable PortfolioEngine
Check the box to Enable the PortfolioEngine Settings on this List App. Once enabled, additional settings and options will appear below.
4. List Field Mapping
This section allows for fields to be mapped from the EPM Live (SharePoint) site to the PortfolioEngine Database. Any custom fields that have been added in the Portfolio Custom Fields Page will show on the left hand side. As needed, select the drop down arrow in the SharePoint Field column and select the desired field. The "SharePoint" columns are the List App columns/fields in the List App, such as Project Center fields.
5. Total Field Mappings
These are the totals fields that will be brought in from the PortfolioEngine Database. In other words, the total values for each of the Cost Types in the PE Field column will map to the selected field in the SharePoint Field column. All of the fields, with the exception of the Resource Plan Hours field, are Cost field type in the Portfolio Custom Fields page.
6. Available Controls
- Select the controls for the Portfolio Tools that will be used with this List App.
- For each Portfolio Tool control that is selected, if there is an option for Active-X or Non Active-X, check the box for Non Active-X to use the Non Active-X version of that control. It is highly recommended to use only Non Active-X controls. The option for the Active X controls is available for compatibility for previous versions of EPM Live's PortfolioEngine Active-X Controls. If there is no option, that means there is only a Non Active-X version available.
Note: Prioritization, by default, is managed via the fields within the List App. The option here for the Prioritization control is not supported any longer. Please refer to the article about configuring Prioritization for more information.
6.1. Note about Cost Analyzer
For the Cost Analyzer, there is Cost Analyzer (available in Active-X or Non Active-X) and Cost Analyzer V2 (only available as Non Active-X).
Select the Cost Analyzer V2 box. The previous version of the Cost Analyzer is available for backwards compatability.
If you want to use the Optimizer on the Project Center List App, add the Project Optimizer App from the EPM Live App Marketplace. During the App installation process, the following happens automatically:
- Enables the Optimizer feature on the Project Center List App Settings.
- Adds a new yes/no field called "Selected" to Project Center.
- Maps the Selected field to the PortfolioEngine Custom Field called "OptimizerFlag."
Note: To configure the Optimizer feature on a List App other than Project Center, you will need to manually complete the setup steps.
- Check the box to enable the Optimizer tool. This tool is only available as Non Active-X, so there is not a Non Active-X box to check.
- Then, add a new field called "Selected" [field type: Checkbox (Yes/No)] to the List App
- Then, map the Selected field to the OptimizerFlag field in the List Field Mapping section.
6.3. Portfolio Cost View Reports
When the Portfolio Cost Views feature is enabled (checked), users can launch the Portfolio Cost View Reports from the List App.
7. Cost Planner Cost View
Select the Cost View that will display when editing Costs for an item in this List App. The Cost Views are managed via the Cost Views link on the Site Settings page. Any newly added Cost View will then show on this Cost View selection drop down menu. This selected cost view is what determine how the Cost Planner will look and act when a user selects the 'Edit Costs' button for a chosen item, such as a project.
8. Selected Work Lists
Select the List Apps to be used when pushing "scheduled work" into the Portfolio Tools. Users can view Scheduled Work in both the Resource Planner and Resource Analyzer tools.
Any List App that is indicated as a Work List and also has a lookup to the List App that you are configuring will show here.
9. Save and Close PortfolioEngine Settings
When finished, click Save.