In this article, you will learn how to configure the performance settings for each List App.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to Power Users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
1. Navigate to the List Settings
Navigate to the List App.
- On the View Toolbar, select the Settings Gear.
2. Open General Settings (EPM Live)
Under the General Settings heading, select General Settings (EPM Live).
3. Enable Performance Capability
Enable Performance Capability: When this property is checked (enabled), the Grid will use a different method of gathering data, which will result in better performance for loading the List App. This setting is often used with List Apps with a large amount of content.
Enable Content DB: When this option is checked (enabled), the Grid will use the EPM Live Content Database as the data source, which enhances the performance/load time to access the data. You must also have Enable Reporting selected in order for this feature to function.
- For On-Premise customers: This feature requires that your environment be set up with the EPM Live Reporting Solution, which creates an EPM Live Content Database, also referred to as the Reporting Database.
- For online customers: This feature is always available, as your EPM Live Content Database (Reporting Database) is set up by default with your site collection creation.
4. Field Audit Check
Note: This option was only applicable to legacy customers who used the List Sync. Typically, this option is not applicable or necessary.
Field Audit Check: When Performance on a list is in use, in conjunction with additional workspaces, the List App must have identical fields (internal field names & data types) at the parent and child level. If this property is set and data is not rolling up as expected, check the internal names of the fields in each list. Select Field Audit Check to view any fields that have a different internal name. It is recommended to do a Field Audit Check whenever changes are made to the Column Type to ensure all lower levels with the same fields will sync correctly.
5. Save and Close General Settings
When finished, click Save.