Resource Planning enables high level resource management for Demand Management and Capacity Planning across business units and the whole organization. EPM Live's resource planning can be kept up-to-date with regular re-forecasting.
- Demand considers ALL work including projects, administrative, operations, time off, etc.
- Work top down (from approved budget) and/or bottom up (import hours from schedule)
- Planning in work-hours, headcount/FTE, %
- Resource Manager involvement avoids PM cherry picking and hidden overloads
- Real time view of candidates’ remaining availability and current commitments
- Compare demand against availability by resource or capacity by role
- PM can schedule detailed assignments within commitment
- Resources’ self-service planning of time-off decrements availability
- Ability to slice, dice and aggregate resource plans by resources, roles, projects and their attributes in the Resource Planner
- Compare resource plans with other hours/costs such as availability, scheduled work, capacity scenarios, budget, etc in the Resource Analyzer
Commitments are at the project level so Project Managers are still responsible for planning detailed tasks and assignments. They use the commitment as the availability of the resource for that project.