This lesson shows how to configure the Timesheet Settings. The Timesheet Settings are available to be configured only by the Site Collection Administrator.
Note: The EPM Live Timesheets App needs to be installed in order to use the Timesheets functionality, and for the Timesheets Settings Page to appear. To add the Timesheets App, refer to the App Marketplace.
1. Navigate to Timesheet Settings
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Timesheet Settings heading, select Timesheet Settings.
2. Timesheet Lists
- Timesheet Lists: It is possible to manually enter a List App into this box. However, the recommended alternative is to enable the timesheet feature in the List Settings. By turning on the feature in the List Settings, the other necessary fields are added to the List App. Each List App name appears on a separate line. For more information, refer to the article Timesheet Settings - Enable Timesheets in a List App.
- After any updates are made to the Timesheet Lists, click Refresh. This will update the List Cube Data menu with the Timesheet Lists for the next step.
3. List Cube Data
List Cube Data: Select the fields, for which the values are to be stored for reporting. Without specifying any values, each List specified in the previous step will automatically submit the following data to the reporting database: Project, Title, Hours, Date Submitted, Submitted By.
- Select the fields for each timesheet list that you would like to store for reporting.
- Select the fields in the Available Fields and Selected Fields sections.
- Use the arrow buttons to add or remove the desired fields.
Note: The data will be stored for reporting going forward from the time these settings are saved.
4. Timesheet Fields
Note: The Timesheet Fields are mapped from the Work Settings page. Any fields in the Enterprise Fields section of the Work Settings page will show as Available Fields.
The selected Timesheet Fields can be used for specifying/separating hours in the Timesheets.
- Select the field(s) from the Available Fields or the Selected Fields section, as desired.
- Use the arrow buttons to add or remove the desired fields.
In this example screen shot, the field 'Charge Code' was added to the Work Settings Page, and then selected as a Timesheet Field. Now, users may add a work item to their timesheet multiple times, as they might spend part of their time on a task, billable to one charge code and the other part of their time to a different charge code.
5. Select Non Work List
Select the list that will be used as the Non Work list. The Non Work List is defaulted as Non Work, though an alternative List App can be used if needed. For more information on the Non Work Page, please refer to the lesson User Management - Non Work.
6. Allow Unassigned Work in Timesheet
Select this option to allow users to add work items to their timesheets to which they are not assigned.
7. Day Definition
Use this section to determine which days to show on the timesheet and the min/max values for each day (in hours). If users try to enter a value outside of the min/max value, they will not be able to save their timesheet until the values are within the min/max.
8. Allow Notes Per Day
Allow Notes Per Day: Check the box to allow users to enter notes for each day for each timesheet item.
9. Publisher Mapping
This section allows you to specify which Microsoft Project fields are used for timesheet configuration.
- Timesheet Hours Field: This field is used to store actual timesheet hours per item once approved. The internal field name used in Project Publisher has to match the field name in this Publisher Mapping setting in order for the publishing to function correctly.
- Timesheet Field: This yes/no field is used to specify which items are eligible for timesheet use. The internal field name used in Project Publisher has to match the field name in this Publisher Mapping setting in order for the publishing to function correctly.
10. Enable Stop Watch
Check the box to enable the Stop Watch feature. Enabling this option will give the users the ability to have a stop watch timer for timesheet rows.
11. Disable Timesheet Approvals
Disable Timesheet Approvals: Use this to turn off Timesheet Approvals.
When Approvals are Disabled (box is checked), a submitted timesheet will immediately become approved once it is submitted.
When approvals are Enabled (box is unchecked), the Timesheet Manager for the resource must approve the timesheet in for the status to change to Approved after it has been submitted. The default setting is for Timesheets to be Enabled.
12. Show Live Timesheet Hours
Select this option if you would like the timesheet hours field populate with Live Timesheet Hours instead of Approved Timesheet Hours. Note: The setting above is important when determining when the Timesheet Hours field should show updated hours.
13. Always Use Current List Data in Views
Checked: the data displayed in timesheet views will always show the current data for the list item. The data is always “Live” regardless of timesheet period.
Unchecked: the data will show the data for the specified time period. The data is reflective of that timesheet period at the point that the timesheet is submitted.
Important Note: For fields to show up in the views with the timesheet period specific historical data , they must be specified in the List Cube Data section above.
14. Click Save Settings
When finished with the top sections of the Timesheet Settings, click the Save Settings button. Do this BEFORE adding any Work Types or Periods.
Note: You will need to return to the Timesheet Settings Page for the additional lower sections.
15. Timesheet Work Types
If Work Types are needed, click the Add Type link. When no Work Types have been specified, the user will enter their timesheet hours directly into the cell.
Note: If any Work Types have been added, then all users will have to select the applicable hours type for each timesheet entry.
15.1. New Work Type
- Enter the Work Type Name.
- Click the Add Work Type button.
15.2. Modify Existing Work Types
Select Edit or Delete for the Work Types if needed. Note: You cannot delete a work type if there have been any hours saved to that work type.