This article explains how to add and configure a pie chart to an EPM Live Analytics report. The steps are applicable whether you are building a new report or updating an existing report.
1. Navigate to the EPM Live Analytics Reports Page
- On the navigation menu, select Reports to open the Business Intelligence Center.
- Click EPM Live Analytics.
2. Open Report Designer
- If you are on the Reports landing page, hover over a report to show the Print and Edit icon buttons. Click the Edit icon. -- Or --
- If you are already viewing a report, click the Open in Designer icon.
3. Navigate to Chart or Chart2 Tab
Select the Chart or Chart2 tab.
4. Select Bar
On the Chart Type drop down menu, select Bar.
5. Enter Chart Title & Number of Records
- Title: This text box allows the user to add a title to the chart. It will appear above the chart.
- Records: This text box specifies the maximum number of records to include in the chart data.
6. Select Settings for Simple Bar Chart
- Label: Select the field for the X-axis data. The options in this field are detected automatically from your selected data sources.
- Value: Select the field for the Y-axis data.
7. Preview of Simple Bar Chart
8. Click Advanced Properties
Click Advanced Properties for additional available settings.
9. Advanced Properties
When you click Advanced Properties, the following additional settings appear.
- Separator: The metric that the chart will separate the data. Based on the separator, select the applicable function and format.
- Line Value: When Show Pareto is selected, this will set an alternate metric to display on the trend line.
- Show Legend: Displays a legend below the trend chart color coded to the separator values displayed.
- Show Pareto: Select this check box to display a trend chart superimposed upon the bar chart.
- Stacked: Select this check box to stack the bars, as long as they're in the same grouping (determined by the value of the Separator dropdown). Otherwise, they are shown side-by-side.
- Horizontal: When selected, this will rotate the bar chart 90 degrees. The bars will animate from left to right. When unselected, the bars will animate vertically, from bottom to top.
- Shade Area Under Line: When Show Pareto is checked, this will cause the entire area underneath the trend line to be shaded semi-transparently.
- Label Title (Bottom): Label the bottom of the chart.
- Value Title (Left): Label the left of the chart.
- Value Title (Right): Label the right of the chart.
- Scale %: Scale your chart to a percentage of the original size.
- Target Report: specify a subreport to drilldown to. Drilldown reports will open in a new browser tab.