This article explains how to create a new Dashboard Report in Analytics. A dashboard is a compilation of report parts from the other Analytics reports in your site.
Preparation - In order to build a dashboard, you need to know which reports, and which specific parts from those reports, you want us show in the dashboard. It is recommended to make a list ahead of time or have another browser open showing the report(s) that you want to reference for the dashboard.
Navigate to the Analytics Reports Page
- On the navigation menu, select Reports to open the Business Intelligence Center.
- Click Analytics.
Select New Dashboard
On the New drop down menu, select Dashboard.
Add Report Parts
You may add up to 11 report parts to a dashboard. For each part, you set the following:
- Title: Enter a title for this report part.
- Report: Select one of the Analytics report, from which you will reference a report part.
- Records: Set the records limit. You may choose All (No scroll bar), All, or increments of 1-100.
- Report Part: Select the report part to show. All available parts in each selected report will be show (ex: table, chart, chart2, summary, etc.)
Share With - Dashboard Permissions
- Within each Analytics report, in the report designer, the report creator may choose the level of access to others. These are the options.
- Note: You may select two levels to share each report.
- Report Writers: Resources who have the Reports Writers permission selected in the Resource Pool
- Report Viewers: Resources who have the Reports Viewers permission selected in the Resource Pool
- Everyone: all users in EPM Live
- Full Access: Can view, modify, and save changes
- Read Only: Can add or remove filters, and Save As
- View Only: Can view, but not modify or save
- Locked: Can view and modify existing filters
- None: Report is hidden
- Click the Save or Save As icon.
- Enter the report name.
- Select an existing report category or create a new report category.
- When finished, click OK.
At any point in time during the dashboard creation and editing process, you may view a preview of the dashboard in progress.
Any filter(s) that exist in EVERY report from which you have a referenced report part will show automatically in the dashboard.