This article explains how to add a summary section/part to a report in Analytics. In the Summary tab, a table can be created that summarizes the chosen fields using different functions (Ex: Average, Count, Maximum, etc). You can also make a group of fields by choosing the Group option from the Function drop down menu.
Most actions and properties available in the Summary Tab are available in the Fields Tab. The only difference is the removal of the Quick Add and Pivot capabilities, and addition of the Add Deltas checkbox.
Note: For additional details regarding adding and configuring fields in the summary tab, refer to the articles on Fields.
1. Navigate to the EPM Live Analytics Reports Page
- On the navigation menu, select Reports to open the Business Intelligence Center.
- Click Analytics.
2. Open Report Designer
- If you are on the Reports landing page, hover over a report to show the Print and Edit icon buttons. Click the Edit icon. -- Or --
- If you are already viewing a report, click the Open in Designer icon.
3. Navigate to Summary Tab
Select the Summary tab.
4. Enter Summary Total & Records
- Title: This text box allows the user to add a title to the summary. It will appear above the summary data.
- Records: This text box specifies the maximum number of records to include in the summary data.
5. Complete Summary Fields
5.1. Preview of Summary Data
6. Add Deltas
In Analytics, a delta signifies a change. Any time there is a change in a quantity, that change is calculated by taking the latter value of that quantity and subtracting from it the prior value of that quantity.
Select the check box for Add Deltas.
6.1. Preview of Summary Data with Deltas
The Deltas show as a grey bar between the summary data rows.