This article explains how to add and configure a pie chart to an EPM Live Analytics report. The steps are applicable whether you are building a new report or updating an existing report.
1. Navigate to the EPM Live Analytics Reports Page
- On the navigation menu, select Reports to open the Business Intelligence Center.
- Click EPM Live Analytics.
2. Open Report Designer
- If you are on the Reports landing page, hover over a report to show the Print and Edit icon buttons. Click the Edit icon. -- Or --
- If you are already viewing a report, click the Open in Designer icon.
3. Navigate to Chart or Chart2 Tab
Select the Chart or Chart2 tab.
4. Select Pie
On the Chart Type drop down menu, select Pie.
5. Enter Chart Title & Number of Records
- Title: This text box allows the user to add a title to the chart. It will appear above the chart.
- Records: This text box specifies the maximum number of records to include in the chart data.
6. Select Settings for Simple Pie Chart
- Label: Select the field for the label of each slice of the pie. The options in this field are detected automatically from your selected data sources.
- Value: Select the data metric for the chart. This can be filled with any numeric data.
7. Click Advanced Properties
Click Advanced Properties for additional available settings.
8. Advanced Properties
When you click Advanced Properties, the following additional settings appear.
- Separator: The metric that the chart will separate the data. Based on the separator, select the applicable function and format.
- Value Ranges: Checking this box will display the value of the data at each increment mark on the chart.
- Show Legend: Displays a legend below the trend chart color coded to the separator values displayed.
- Show as 3D: When checked, this displays the chart in 3D.
- Explode Largest Slice: When checked, this will cause the piece with the highest percentage to be separated from the rest of the pie.
- Show Percentage: When checked, this will display the percentage of the pie each section represents.
- Show Value Labels: Checking this box will display the value of the data at each increment mark on the chart.
- Show Slice Labels: When checked, this will display the text value of each slice.
- Combine Bottom %: A percentage entered as a whole number (i.e. an input value of 10 = 10%) that will combine entries with the smallest percentages until it meets or exceeds the given amount.
- Chart Type: Select whether the chart will be a pie or a doughnut.
- Scale %: Scale your chart to a percentage of the original size.
- Target Report: specify a subreport to drilldown to. Drilldown reports will open in a new browser tab.