This article explains how to edit the field functions in an EPM Live Analytics report. The steps are applicable whether you are building a new report or updating an existing report.
The Add Pivot button allows you to generate analytical data grids and essentially adds extra columns to the right side of the report. These extra columns are based on the logical grouping function that you can define in your pivot. Example: Pivoting the budget column with a Group (Year) function will display each year's total for as many years as exist in your dataset.
1. Navigate to the EPM Live Analytics Reports Page
- On the navigation menu, select Reports to open the Business Intelligence Center.
- Click EPM Live Analytics.
2. Open Report Designer
- If you are on the Reports landing page, hover over a report to show the Print and Edit icon buttons. Click the Edit icon. -- Or --
- If you are already viewing a report, click the Open in Designer icon.
3. Confirm Data Sources
- Navigate to the Data Sources tab.
- Confirm the Data Sources for this report have time-phased columns, in which there is data. Ex: If configuring a Resource Allocation report, the EPG_RPT_Calendar table has the calendar periods. Join the Calendar table with the EPG_RPT_CapacityPlanner table, which has the data for all the resource plans, entered into each calendar period.
4. Add Pivot
- Navigate to the Fields tab.
- Click Add Pivot.
5. Select Field for the Pivot Columns
- Add pivot columns for: Click the drop down menu.
- Select the desired field. The Data Sources show in bold, and the fields within each Data Source show below.
6. Configure the Pivot Table Settings
After the pivot columns selection is made, the rest of the pivot table fields will show.
- Select the function type from drop down (Ex. Group(Year)). This will group the data by the selected function.
- Select the Calculate cell values on dropdown. Select the field you wish to display the calculated result for (Ex: Hours). Next, select the function & format types (Ex: Sum Distinct & 0,000.00). This field's data will also populate the rows within the pivot view.
- If desired, select the check boxes for Add Subtotals and Add Side Total.