An error message saying "Not supported" pops up when attempting to email a purchase invoice or other document from Everest.
One of two files may be at fault: C:\Program files (x86)\Common Files\system\MSMAPI\1033\MSMAPI32.DLL or C:\Windows\System32\mapi32.dll. Everest and other programs use these MAPI libraries to send mail. To fix faulty MAPI libraries, run the Windows utility Fixmapi.exe.
For each file,
- Back up the file by changing the file extension to .old. Right-click the file, click Rename, and replace ".dll" with ".old".
- Run C:\Windows\System32\fixmapi.exe to re-create the file.
- Test whether you are now able to email documents from Everest.
If the issue persists after replacing both files, restart your computer. If the issue continues after restarting your computer, please contact Support and report the procedures you followed.
- This solution was tested for Outlook 2007.
- The issue and solution are not specific to a particular version of Everest.
- Windows Update can cause a different email error.
See Microsoft Support for more information about MAPI libraries and the Fixmapi.exe utility.