This lesson covers adding your Site App Internet address (URL) to your trusted sites list and viewing the recommended web browser settings.
1. Click the Internet Options Link
- From the Tools menu, click the Internet Options link.
2. Click the Security Tab
- Click the Security tab.
3. Click the Sites Button
- Click Trusted Sites.
- Click the Sites button.
4. Enter the URL Address
- Enter the URL address.
- Click Add. Your Site App URL has been successfully added to your Trusted Sites. Be sure the "Require server verification" box is NOT checked. Close.
Note: Your URL may be different. If you do not know your URL address, please contact your site collection administrator.
5. Click Custom Level
- Verify the Enable Protected Mode is un-checked. Click the Custom level button.
6. Select Security Settings
In the Security Settings-Trusted Sites window, scroll through and select the following settings: ActiveX Controls and plug-ins
Enable the following ActiveX controls settings:
- Download signed ActiveX controls .
- Download Unsigned ActiveX controls .
- Initialize and script ActiveX Controls not marked as Safe.
- Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins .
- Scripts ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting.
7. Enable Downloads
- EnableFile Download.
8. Scroll to Miscellaneous
- Scroll to Miscellaneous and enableAccessdata.
9. Enable Display Mixed Content
- EnableDisplay mixed content.
10. Select Automatic logon with Current Username and Password
- Select the radio button for Automatic logon with current username and password.
- Click OK to save your changes.
11. Click OK
From the Internet Options window, click OK. Close Internet Explorer completely and re-launch.