The Project Update Methods available in EPM Live are Manual and Schedule Driven. Selecting one over the other makes no difference on how data gets populated into the following fields: Project Start, Project Finish, Project Actual Start, Project Actual Finish, Project Work, Project Actual Work, Project Actual Cost, and Project % Complete. This article covers how these fields are populated when using the Manual Update Method and the Schedule Driven Update Method.
1. Click Edit Item
- Click the ellipsis dots.
- Click Edit Item.
2. View the Editable Fields in the Project Control Page (aka Project View Form)
- View the editable fields. The values present here are the values manually entered in the Project Control Page.
3. View the Manual Update Option
- View the Manual Update option.
Note: The "Manual" option allows managers to manually enter project information. The "Schedule Driven" option will update project fields from the Online Planner or Microsoft Project schedule. With the Manual Project Update method selected, the following fields are editable: Project Start, Project Finish, Project Actual Start, Project Actual Finish, Project Work, Project Actual Work, Project Actual Cost, Project Percent Complete.
4. Select the Schedule Driven Update Option
- Select the Schedule Driven option from the project Update menu options.
5. Click Save
- Click Save to save the changes.
6. View the Project Control Page and the Non Editable Fields
- View the Project Control Page and the non editable fields. The values present reflected are the values populated from the project schedule in either the Project Planner or Microsoft Project.
Note: The selected update method affects the SSRS reports created as the SSRS report created will display the values that are in the Project Control Page.