This lesson covers using the search feature in Timesheets.
1. Click Add Work
- Click Add Work on the ribbon.
2. Search for a Work Item
- As the list of work items grows, you may wish to search for a work item. To do so, click the Add item button and then click the Search button displayed in the ribbon.
3. Select the Desired Criteria
- Click in the criteria field box.
- Select from the listed options.
4. Enter the Title
- Enter the title and click the Search button to the right.
Note: Partial words can be entered.
5. View the Returned Item
- View the returned item.
- Check the box to the left of the item.
- Click the Add button if you want this item added to the timesheet.
Note: To clear the search, deleted the text in the Value box and click the search button again.
6. View the Added Work Items
- View the added work items in the timesheet.
Note: A resource can add the same work item to their timesheet multiple times. A resource may do this so they can note some hours of a task as billable and other not billable. Another example is a task can be added twice and each row can be for a different charge code, category, department, etc. The distinction is based on configuration by the Site Collection Administrator.