The Documents Library is one central location where team members can view, upload, check out, and edit documents. When a document is uploaded to the Project Documents Library, if Build Team is enabled on the list, then anyone who is added to the Build Team of the associated project item can view the uploaded project document. The Build Team feature allows for item level permissions to be granted within a List App.
If you desire to upload a document and keep the document private- the person uploading the document can check the Private Option when uploading the document and then only that person can see that project document. This lesson covers uploading a project document.
1. Click Documents
- Click the Navigation icon on the Icon Bar.
- Click the Documents link on the Navigation Menu.
2. Click Upload
- Click the Upload button under the Files tab.
3. Click Browse
- Click Browse.
4. Select the File
- Select the file to be uploaded.
- Click Open.
5. Click OK
- Click OK.
6. Enter the Associated Project Name
- Enter the associated project name and any additional desired information.
- Click Save.
Note: To keep the document private (only viewable by owner), check the Private box. And, names entered into the Followers field will see the documents reflected in the "My Documents" view.
7. Expand the Project Name
- Click the arrow to the left of the project name to expand the list.
8. View the Uploaded Project Document
- View the newly uploaded project document in the document list.