This article covers processing updates in the Project Planner. Processing updates occurs after a team member has updated work items in My Work.
Note: The Process Updates feature in the Online Project Planner allows the Project Manager to review and accept changes to their project schedule. This ability affords the Project Manager full ownership over the schedule and any changes made to it.
1. Click Edit Plan
- Click the ellipsis menu (...) to the right of the project name.
- Click Edit Plan.
2. Click the Process Updates Link
- Click the Process Updates link located below the ribbon.
3. Double Click the Task Name to View the Details
- Double click a task name to view the details.
4. View the Details
- View old and new values.
- Click the "X" in upper right corner to close the Details box.
5. Check Boxes to Approve or Reject the Update Made
- Check the appropriate boxes. Check the box below the green check mark to approve the update made. Check the box below the red x to reject the update made.
- Click Process.
6. Click the Save Button
- Click Save.
7. View Updates in Project Planner
- View the processed updates in the Project Planner in the % Complete column.
8. Click Publish
- When ready, click Publish on the ribbon.