This lessons covers linking tasks in the Project Planner.
1. Click the Link Button
To link tasks in the Project Planner:
- Select the tasks using the Control key.
- Click the Link button.
2. Select the Link Type
- Click in the Link Type field and select the link type from the listed options.
2.1. View the Task Relationship Types
- View the different task relationship types.
3. Click the Add Link Button
- If needed, add the number of lag time (days).
- Click the Add Link button.
Note: Lag days are noted with a plus (+) sign and equal the number of extra days needed. Lead days are indicated with a minus (-) sign. To add a lag, type a number in the lag field (e.g. +2).
4. Click Save
- Click Save.
5. View Predecessors Column
- View the Task ID number in the Predecessors column.