Associated Items can be accessed via the Navigation Menu for workspaces that are connected. The Associated Items feature makes it possible to view and add associated items (e.g. Tasks, Documents, and Issues) of a selected list item (e.g. Project Item) from the list of displayed associated items. This lesson covers adding an associated issue from a Project Item workspace.
Note: Isolated Workspaces will not display Associated Items on the Navigation Menu.
Navigate to the Project Workspace
- Click the Project Workspace Icon to the right of the project name in the Project Center.
Note: It is possible to navigate to a project workspace via the Navigation Menu from the Icon Bar.
View the Associated Items List
- View the Associated Items.
- Click the Associated Issues link.
Note: The title of the Project Item is listed among the Associated Items and if selected will display the Project View Form.
Click the New Item Button
- Click the New Item button.
Add a Title
- Add the title.
- Notice the associated project name has been automatically populated. Because this workspace is a connected workspace, all new issues added from this form will have the project name automatically populated.
- Complete additional fields.
- Click Save.
View the Added Issue
- View the added issue.